Thursday, March 27, 2008

Anniversary (continued), Friends and Easter

Ok, here is my last little bit about our anniversary. I had to show you the ring Chris got me. I have been eyeing it for several years at James Avery and am so excited that it is now mine. I did have to ask if the fact that he got me a ring with a black stone in it was his way of telling me that this how he has felt about our first year of marriage, doom and gloom.

We also got each other cards. Here is the picture of the card I got for Chris.



Here is the picture of the card Chris got for me.


I guess we really were meant for each other.

Last Thursday, my friend, Elisabeth, came into town to visit her family. I was able to take Delaney and run over there and visit with Lis and rock baby Ella to sleep. It makes my heart so happy to see my friends blessed with families. I love seeing how much their kids remind me of them and watching them grow up into amazing, talented children of God. I can't wait to see what God has in store for beautiful Ella. Don't you all think that Elizabeth should start a blog so we can keep up with Lis and Ella??



Here are some other pictures of my weekend with Delaney. (Incase you forgot, I have been babysitting for the Needham's since Delaney was about 8 months old. The Needham's are like a second family to me and both the kids were in our wedding.) Somehow Dylan managed to escape this weekend without getting his picture taken.

On Friday night, Katy, our niece and other flower girl, spent the night with Delaney. They crashed in the living room while watching movies.


Apparently, Ben and Lilly had a sleep over too.


The Needham's have a huge gym at their house so the girls had to help me work out Saturday morning.



Delaney had never decorated Easter Eggs before so she had a blast making all of the eggs look like members of her family and my family.

Squirtle the Turtle.


Me, Chris and Allie



Delaney and her egg.



I don't know if Chris was quite as amused as I was that
she made his egg bald and have a goatee.


Allie and her egg.
It was a great weekend, but we were glad to go back home. We have had something every night this week and will spend this weekend getting ready for my cousin, Staci's, arrival from California. She has never been to Texas before and is really excited. Well I better get back to work.
Love.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I didn't know Lis and her husband were so close to us in Austin. Say hi to her for me. And yes, she needs to start a blog for that beautiful baby girl. :) Happy anniversary by the way!

Ingram Gang said...

I keep forgetting....TAG!

Nissa said...

Yes! Lis definitely needs to start a blog to keep us up to date with her family, especially Ella! My friends Brooke and Adam did that with their baby girl Ivy, and it has been so much fun being able to watch her grow.