Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Year Resolutions

Yes, I am aware that it is January 15th and a little late to be blogging about this but rest assured that I did actually put my resolutions into effect on the 1st. I was hesitant to blog about my weight struggles before but I have come to realize the more people I tell the more motivated I am to stick to my goals. I know there are millions of men and women around the world who also made this one of their resolutions but, I will share nonetheless.
I have never been a skinny girl. Even when I was cheering in college and working out non-stop I was always pretty short and compact but I have never been as big as I am now. I will not share my exact weight cause I think that might be a little much but, I will tell you that I have gained 30 lbs since my wedding in March!!!! Holy freakin crap, every time I say that I feel a sense of shock go over my whole body. I think when I was single I was always innately aware of being single and overweight and thinking that my odds of landing a man where slimmer so I always had a reason to keep my weight somewhat in check. Even then I was still overweight but, once Chris put that ring on my finger, I think a flood gate opened in my stomach and all of the sudden there was extra room. I was/am so comfortable with Chris and know that he will love me no matter what and I think I let that comfort get the best of me. Chris too has gained weight since the wedding but, not as much as me. We are both vowing to make a new lifestyle for ourselves and have done very well over the last 2 weeks. Last week I went to my 2nd Weight Watchers (WW) meeting to weigh in and I had lost 5.2 lbs!! (Picture me doing the Elaine!!) I was so excited. My goal is 45 lbs. I hope that everyone else that is struggling with weight loss will keep checking in on me. I have a bad habit of getting discouraged if there is only a small change and then quitting! I am not doing it this time. I want to be healthier for Chris and for our future family.
Some of my other resolutions are as follows:
  • Read 3 chapters in my Bible a week.
  • Blog at least twice a week.
  • Clean out my guest room.

3 comments:

John said...

Weight gain is such a hard thing to deal with, I know. Having 3 children has not been kind to me, so I started on Nutrisystem on Oct. 25th. I am right there with you on the whole battle. Like you, I also know that my husband loves me no matter what---but still there's a need to change. Keep us updated on the WW thing! WAY TO GO!!!

Audrey said...

Good for you, Amy! Weight Watchers is a great program & I think that if you and Chris are both doing it, you'll have a better chance of success. My advice to you is: once you reach your goal, stick to the maintenance program to keep it off. I'm back doing W.W. and exercising, trying to lose 15 lbs. before my brother's wedding in March. Anyways, good luck!

Jennifer said...

Way to freakin go! That is so awesome! Way better than me!