Monday, August 20, 2007

More pics of Allie and a weekend update

Well we had another busy weekend. I worked around the house on Saturday while Allie was at the groomers. We took her to a new groomer and let me just say that it was quite the experience. He was very nice man but very much on the gay side and took his job very seriously. It was all I could do to not burst into laughter when in a concerned tone he asked "What is your overall goal for what you want Allie to look like? Would you like to see her with flowing long hair or short manageable hair?" I have never had such a high maintenance dog but it is only fitting seeing as how I am so high maintenance. Anyway, she turned out great. The pics below are from before her hair appointment.


Yesterday we went to my parents to celebrate my mom's 48th birthday!!! Allie and Chris provided the entertainment as always and fun was had by all. Happy Birthday Mom!!

An update on the ministry front...after last weeks brow beating at church Chris and I spent the week in prayer about where God might have us serve. Yesterday at church Chris signed up to be a carpenter for the youth group and help with the building of sets. With his love for carpentry he really felt like God could use his skills in this area plus he thought the fellowship with other men who enjoyed the same hobby would prove beneficial. I am so proud of him and his commitment to jump in head first. Chris was not raised in a very active church setting so I think he was a little nervous but he talked to the youth minister last night and is really excited. I felt that the Lord was calling my back to youth work as well. I was a youth intern after my freshman year of college and taught Sunday school in the youth for several years at my old church. I was really excited when I the youth minister called last night. After I told him my background in youth he said he had been praying that God would bring him someone with a passion for youth and a willingness to teach and he thought he had just the thing for me. (Drum role please!!!!) Chris and I will now be hosting a group of 7-10 GIRLS 2 Sunday nights a month for small group time. Isn't that awesome!!!! I am so pumped. I think Chris is a little more on the hesitant side as he was raised in a house of boys and is always quick to point out little girls misbehaving at the mall and say "We are soooo not having girls!" Anywho, I am excited. We are also going to start helping with Epicenter, the youth fellowship that meets at the church on Wednesday nights. Please be praying for the young girls who God will put in our home and that He will begin preparing our hearts for what He has in store for us. Also, please pray that God will give Chris and I the strength to make it with our crazy work and school schedules to be totally committed to His work. I know that if we are faithful God will sustain us.

I hope you have a blessed Monday. I leave you now with some pics of Allie.


This is the bone Chris HAD to get Allie. I tried to tell him it was too big!!!





Allie's new outfit!!!



We hope Aunt Ashley will still love us after her Sooners get whooped up on this season!!!


7 comments:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Allie looks so cute, but she'd look better if her shirt said 'TEXAS TECH'!! (But UT is much better than OU!) :)

Shauna said...

Allie is soooo precious!

John said...

Your dog is precious!! What dog groomer did she go to? Reason I ask is because ours does the SAME thing w/our sheltie. It's Bark Avenue...:)

John said...

OMG!! I knew it was the same groomer! John took our dog there this past Saturday, and it was the 1st time he had taken him--usually I do. He came home cracking up! We love that place--so modern! LOL

suzspeaks said...

UM....Ok...No offense Amy, but that sweater is ugly!!!!
GO OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


BOOMER SOONER!!!

Amy Renay said...

Suzanne, Against my better judgement I have allowed your comment to be posted only after I begged the football gods to not punish my team for my befriending an OU fan. HeHe!! My old roomate, Ashley, was an OU fan and we could not watch the UT vs OU games together lest someone loose an eye.

RyAnn said...

Allie looks so cute. Harley and Allie should get together sometime. I am so proud of you and Chris's commimtment to serve in your church. I know yall will be awesome! The girls will love you both.