Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Couple of Quick Ones

I have to tell you guys about 2 things that happened yesterday that made me laugh...

1) In case you did not know, I work as a legal assistant/paralegal in estate planning and probate. Because some of you are too young to have had to deal with probate it is a legal process to settle the estate of a deceased individual. In Texas it usually involves having a hearing before the county judge and a person is appointed to oversee the affairs of the estate including the paying of debts and distribution of assets. Anywho, yesterday afternoon I got a call from a client who was in a state of panic (most of which was self induced). She said, "This is Mrs. Petrakis. Jason was my attorney this morning for my PROBATION HEARING." It was all I could do to not bust out laughing. I wanted to correct her but I knew it was not worth it. She is what Jason and I like to call "A Crazy." I hope you all think it as funny as everyone in our office did.

2) As usual, I went home at lunch yesterday to check on Allie. Typically after I let her outside and fix my lunch I turn the TV on and watch the mid-day news on our channel 7. For some reason yesterday I decided to channel surf. As I scrolled through the channel listing I noticed that the timer was set to flip to a couple of different movies only they were set for the TV in the bedroom where Allie's kennel is instead of on the TV in the living room. I thought it was odd since typically if Chris is going to record something he sets it to the TV in the living room and the movies set for the timer where Devil Wears Prada and You've Got Mail. So I called Chris and asked him why the timers were set to which he regretfully confessed that he had set the timers so Allie could listen to "girly movies" while we were at work. OMG!!! As much as he would hate to admit it my 6' 4", 240 lb husband spoils Allie as much, if not more, than I do.

Lastly, if you did not know Casting Crowns new CD, The Altar and the Door, comes out August 28th. If you have a Family Christian Bookstore in your neighborhood for every CD you pre-order they will send one to the troops. You also only have to pay $11.97 as opposed to $17.99 when they release. If you click on the CD below you can listen to their first single.


2 comments:

John said...

LOL!!! I called my mom and told her about the "probation hearing" thing..she died laughing! As you know, she can truly appreciate it. :)

suzspeaks said...

I think I'll have to pre-order!!!