Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Brief Rundown

Nothing exciting happening here. I have neglected blogging because wanted to take some pictures to post as well but Chris took the camera to work and keeps forgetting to bring it back. Just so you dont feel too neglected here is a brief rundown of the last 2 weeks...

Wednesday, July 4th: Chris replaced trim and painted the outside of the house and I cleaned inside. We went to Chris' uncles house for a little while to visit his family and then ran back to our house so my family could come over for dinner. I made Paula Dean's Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. They were YUMMY!!! Chris made Tyler Florence's Ultimate Barbeque Ribs which were finger lickin' good. We had a great time visiting with my family and I think my grandma enjoyed getting out of her nursing home for a couple of hours.

Saturday-Sunday, July 7th-8th: Chris made a new entertainment center for the living room. It looks awesome. I am so impressed with his carpentry skills. I have pictures of the before and after that I will have to post later. We also got a new computer! YEAH!!!!


Monday - Thursday, July 9th - 12th: This was my last week of my Child Psychology class. I had to take 3 tests and write a book report. I got my final grade yesterday and I made a 92.5 in the class. Turns out I do better in school when I am paying for it myself!! I really enjoyed the class but am looking forward to a little break. Classes start back August 27th. We also took Allie in for her 9 week check up and she weighs a whole 2 lbs. I thought some of you mothers who post about your kids check-ups would enjoy knowing although I dont know what percentile she is in.

Friday-Saturday, July 13th-14th: Chris' niece and nephew, Benjamin and Katilyn spent the night. We took them to see Transformers. Everyone really enjoyed the movie escpecially Chris who had flashbacks of playing with transformers. Saturday we took the kids to the mall so Katie could find something for us to get her for her birthday. She picked out a really cute outfit at Dillards and then we headed to the food court for lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Chris did not think it was fair that we bought Katie something and not Benjamin so we spent the rest of the day going to everytoy store in Amarillo trying to find a Bumblebee Transformer. Apparently every other child in Amarillo wanted the same Transformer so Benjamin had to settle with getting Jazz with the promise that we would get him Bumblebee for his birthday. We had a great weekend with the kids but Chris and I both returned home exhausted and grounded in our plan to wait 3 years to have kids.


Monday, July 16th: I dont know if I have ever mentioned it but I play on a city league volleyball team with by best friend, Ashley, and most of the other females in her family. Anyway, a couple of months ago when the season started our games were rained out so we had to play our regular 2 games plus 2 make-up games all in one night. We played from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Needless to say I slept with the heating pad.

Tuesday, July 17th: As much as it pains me to admit it, I was coerced into judging Tulia's Miss Splash competition. The competition is part of their Swisher County Days celebration. There were about 50 girls from age 4 to 8th grade. The girls were really cute but if you know anything about Tulia you will understand why I watched my back as I walked out of the venue.

I hustled back to Amarillo to see my brother, Daniel, before he left for a 2 week mission trip to Africa. Please pray for Daniel and the rest of the group.


THE END

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

What is your email? I have some questions. Thank you so so so much!!!