Monday, May 14, 2007

Ice cream anyone??

Since yesterday was mother's day, I thought I would share a funny story about my mom that happened just this weekend. Saturday we went to my cousin's graduation party at the West Texas Cow Puncher's Association. I have no idea what a cow puncher actually is but needless to say we were basically in a barn in the middle of no where. When we pulled up we were greeted by a few of my cousin's friends who were already a little tipsy. We had assumed there would be alcohol there and with my mom being the t-totaler that she is we had already been warned that we probably would not be staying very long. Anyway, we walk in and there are about 3 ice chests full of beer and then the buffet line starts out with a Margarita machine. Chris, myself, my brothers and my dad all go through the line and load up on Bar-B-Q and coke/water. My brother, Andrew, opened up one of the ice chests of beer and pulled one out as a joke but was soon shot the "Evil Look" by my mom so he promptly put it back. We all sat down and started eating but my mom got held up talking to someone. When she finally joined us she said "Chris aren't you just in heaven with that soft serve ice cream machine up there." We all looked at each other and erupted in laughter. We could not even stop laughing long enough to explain to my mom what it was. It was priceless. We then all got grilled about how we knew what a Margarita machine looked like. Luckily my dad saved us all and said they have them at Chili's and Applebee's. See and you all thought I was naive.

1 comment:

RyAnn said...

That is so funny!