Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Love Dare

Good morning!! I just wanted to share with you guys about a book that I am reading. If you have been to see Fireproof, you might have already heard about it. When I was on the Hillside Women’s Retreat, I took some classes on family and marriage. In one of the classes our teacher encouraged us to check out a few books and one of them is Love Dare. I immediatly went over to the bookstore and picked up a copy. I have done a 40 day love your spouse better challenge before, but this book breaks down all of the ways we are to love and really describes them like I have never heard before. For example, I had no idea that I was not kind, but after reading some of the attributes of a kind person I realized that there is much room for improvement in this area in my life. Anyway, after you read a couple of pages (seriously, I have not had one longer than 3 pages) about the attribute it gives you a “dare” for the day. Most of the dares are pretty simple but they really challenge you to think about how you treat your spouse. I have been immensely blessed by having read this book and I highly recommend it for anyone whether you have been married 2 months or 50 years.

PS. Love Dare is on sale at Lifeway for $9.99.

No comments: