Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In need of creative ideas

I am helping throw a baby shower for one of my best friends, Anna. I am in need of some ideas on decorating or other ideas that maybe you had at your shower that you loved or have seen at other showers. I really want to make this a special time for Anna. This will be her first. She is having a girl and is decorating the room in pink toile and black and that is the color theme we are planning on using for the shower. I was thinking about doing kinda a shabby chic shower. I am pretty hesitant to do any games because most of the shower games I have ever played have been pretty cheesy. Anyway, if you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I recently went to a baby shower and I agree that baby games are really cheesy and annoying. We did play one however, that wasn't too bad. We had to unscramble words that were celebrity baby names. It was actually kind of fun and they had small prizes for the two winners...I think a cute picture frame and a travel coffee mug or something. Anyways, I would only play that if the girls coming know alot of celebrity stuff. It was really simple, but elegant. We had flavored iced tea and water and she made a cute baby cake that were four block letters...B-A-B-Y. There was food too. Chicken salad and things like that. Happy planning!

Tara said...

oh... and one more thing. My friend told me about this one. When she threw a shower, one thing they did was play music in the background from her ipod and they were all songs with the word "baby" in them. I thought that was kind of a cute idea. :)

Andy said...

Make a diaper cake--super easy and WAY cute! Caroline's room is done in pink toile, so I love that idea for a shabby chic baby shower! Also, I like the "address your own thank you card envelope when you arrive" thing--it helps the momma out alot. If I think of more, I'll letcha know!

Melanie Lyons said...

Hi! Instead of cards I got books that people wrote well wishes in. I love that by the time Jacob was born he already had a library. Also I've seen advice cards/blessings written by guest and put into a scrapbook for the new mommy. You can also take pictures of those who write the advice to place along with the card. *Sigh* hoping to do some of this for you sometime! Tell Anna congrats for me!

House said...

Hey, Amy! I went to a shower a couple weeks ago and they hung up a clothes line and pinned up all the little outfits on there to show them off. It was cute, and that way nothing had to be passed around. I'm with you on the games. I DESPISE games! They are corny and a waste of good time and money....okay...off my box...HAVE FUN!