Monday, June 16, 2008

My cheering squad

On Monday nights, I play on a city league volleyball team with Higley, Higley's mom and some other friends. They are usually pretty uneventful, that is until tonight. My small group girls had called me after work to see if I had dinner plans and i mistakenly told them that I could not go to dinner cause I had volleyball. About 10 minutes after I got off the phone with them, they called back and asked if they could come. I know my girls all to well and figured it would definitely mean some form of embarrassment for me, but told them where and when my games were anyway. They arrived at the park in with signs, megaphones and sporting face paint. They yelled the entire time "Go Amy's Team!!!" "Go Team Amy!!!" "You need to have a baby!!" I could not stop laughing. Here are some pics of my crazy cheerleaders.

Haley, Holly and Laney

Holly, Me and Haley

A close up of one of the signs. Yes, those are the words to R. Kelly's Bump & Grind. They are so weird. And because I know some of you are thinking it, no, we do not sing this song at small group.



A close up of the other sign. They are obsessed with wanting me to get pregnant so they can babysit! Would you leave your child with them??

4 comments:

Andy said...

That's great! :) So........when ARE you having a baby?!? haha

Ingram Gang said...

You preach it girls...SHE NEEDS TO HAVE A BABY...or 2.
My thinking is, if Chris can raise it, they can babysit it. Can I get an Amen?

RyAnn said...

I agree 100%!! Love ya!

Tara said...

We are dying to come back to Amarillo! We don't have anything planned right now, but hopefully it will be before summer is over!