Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Joy

I wanted to share with you my conviction this morning. Chris and I have been discussing buying a new house in the next year. If I had my way, we would have already been moved, but I know that financially it is better if we save up some more. Anyway, on my way to work this morning, I drove by several houses that are for sale and reminded myself that I needed to look them up on their respective real estate agents web sites to see what the inside looked like and how much they were asking for them. I did and was immediately filled with envy for the lucky people who would get to live in these houses. I then looked down at my clock and realized that I had just enough time to Morning Coffee before I began my work day. I clicked the link and begin to cry at my desk as I knew that God meant these words especially for me this morning. I am so blessed. Blessed to have an amazing husband. Blessed to have my family. Blessed with an amazing church. Blessed with unbelievable friends. Blessed with a roof over my head, food, clothes and money to pay for it all and I always want more. I need to learn to live in the joy of my surroundings and the grace that my Heavenly Father has showered on me rather than wallow in my own self pity.

2 comments:

Renae said...

Great blog, Amy! I love all the pictures.

Would you like to come re-do my kitchen cabinets? ;-)

Thanks for the link.

--renae

Rachel said...

I loved reading this post. It truly hits home for me as well! I start to feel sorry for myself and think about all that I "don't have" and lose touch with all the "gifts that God as blessed me with". He has blessed me with more than I will ever deserve.