Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Excuse me but, I think you are in my car!"

Today at lunch I ran to a couple of stores to find one last gift for Chris. I was walking back out to my car and was about 10 feet away when I clicked the unlock button on my key chain. There was a lady walking about 6 feet in front of me and she walked right up to my car opened the door and got in. I was so confused...I thought that was my car? I stopped and looked further down the row of cars. Two spots away and on the other side of a huge truck was another black Honda Accord. I thought to myself, "Maybe I did park that far down." I looked back at the first Honda and noticed that it had the same David McDavid tag on the back bumper as mine did and the same cross hanging from the mirror. About that time the woman who had sat in my car opened the door. I could tell that she was looking around at all of the crap in my seats so I walked up to the car and said, "Excuse me but, I think you are in my car!" She was so apologetic. I guess she had clicked her unlock button about the same time I hit mine and saw the tail lights flash and thought it was hers. Crazy!!! Now I finally have a reason to keep my car junked out...so people know that it is not theirs.

6 comments:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Oh, my goodness...

Just when I was laughing out loud at the comment you left me, I come to your page and read this. I can't believe that happened! Can you imagine what was going through her mind when she realized it was not her car? HA HA HA! I would have been looking for Ashton to pop out and tell me I was 'punked'. Too funny!

And I will let you know when I start dating Tony Romo. Hee hee!

{Glad you got your car back!}

Jennifer said...

That is so funny! I love it!

suzspeaks said...

Ok, that's really funny!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Nissa said...

that was hilarious!! I had a friend in college who had the same car as me. I would purposely park in the same row as her, just a few spots down and then see if she headed to my car instead of hers...she'd do the same to me!

RyAnn said...

That made me kaugh out loud! I would have loved to see your face! Miss you guys! Have a Merry Christmas.

Mary Beth said...

That is the strangest story ever! Sounds like something I would do.