Friday, September 28, 2007

Warning this post contains talk of poop!!

So I have tons of friends with kids who are always posting about their kids antics and ailments. They always notify their readers of any potential gross talk with a warning so I had to do the same in the telling of the following story.

Chris thinks that I am too loud and/or is annoyed by the fact that I hit the snooze 4 times in the morning and insists on using ear plugs. (They look exactly like the ones below)

The night before we left to go to Oklahoma we were packing and Chris accidentally knocked one of his ear plugs off of his night stand and onto the floor. Guess who found it? That's right it was Allie. I ran over to get it out of her mouth but she has discovered that if she has something in her mouth that she is not supposed to we will try to pry it out unless she swallows it quickly. So what did she do but swallow it whole. Chris and I immediately started freaking out and debating whether or not to call the vet. Instead Chris opted for searching on the Internet and actually found a vet's website where they discussed a Yorkie swallowing an ear plug. Maybe it is a characteristic of their breed?? Anywho, the online vet said that she would pass it within 24 hours so Chris and I had a good laugh considering we were about to drop her off at my parents while we were gone. We relished thinking about the fact that either my parents or one of my brothers, preferably Daniel, would have to follow her around while she did her business to make sure she passed it. Well she did and Andrew was the lucky one to find said ear plug in the poop. Crisis averted!! That is until this morning when once again Allie found an ear plug and ate it right as I took a step towards her to get it out of her mouth!!! STUPID DOG!! (Not really she is a genius!) Looks like I know what I will be doing all weekend...poop watching!! Be awaiting pictures of my findings...just kidding!!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

That is the funniest story ever! We don't really need pictures, I will take your word for it!

John said...

ROFL!!! That is great!! Your little dog certainly has an attitude huh! :)