Monday, May 07, 2007

A confession

For all of three of my readers, I have a confession to make that might give you some insight as to why I am the way I am. Last night as I was watching Desperate Housewives I was shocked to see one of my closest and dearest childhood friends playing the role of Edie's ex-husband. I am sure you are all amazed at the fact that I would "know" such a big celebrity. By "know" I mean he was my imaginary friend when I was 3-4. His real name is Greg Evigan and he was the star of a TV show in the late 70's and early 80's called B.J. and the Bear. In the show he played a semi-truck driver who had a pet monkey, Bear. They traveled the country and got into all sorts of adventures and mishaps. I absolutely loved this show and soon made "B.J." my friend/boyfriend. He went everywhere with me, much to the chagrin of my parents. In my own defense I would like to add that all of this took place before my brothers where born and we lived in the small town of Hereford. We did not know very many people with kids my age, except the boy who stole my first kiss whose actual name was Brick Wall. I swear it. But I digress. My dad loves to tell the story about us going to K-Bob's for dinner and me screaming at him at the top of my lungs that he had taken B.J.'s seat and then demanding that the waitress also bring B.J. a menu. Even having heard my dad tell that story more times than I can count actually writing it out pains me!! I am sure you all feel a little more enlightened having read this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am rolling on the floor laughing at this one. Nice work. :)

RyAnn said...

I am a little worried about you. Actually that little story provides me some more insight on why you do what you do!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I had no idea when I was watching Desperate Houswives that was BJ! I remember hearing the story and it still cracks me up. Glad you and your love have been reconnected :)
I forgot about K-Bobs, mmmmmmmm

Melanie