Monday, October 23, 2006

Parchment or Pearl Symphony????


Yesterday Chris and I started registering for gifts. We started out at Dillards about 1:00 and left 4 hours later with a very short list. We could not decide on a china pattern. These are the two we are having trouble picking from. Chris likes the top one ("Parchment") while I prefer the bottom one ("Pearl Symphony"). I don't know if I am willing to commit the rest of my life to the grey tones of Parchment but at only $40.00/setting I could be swayed. Pearl Symphony is not dishwasher safe like Parchment and is more expensive at $90.00/setting. We decided to check at the Kitchen Gallery this week and see if something else catches our eye. To make matters worse the comforter that we have had our eyes on for months is being discontinued and we could not find anything else that we liked as well. Imagine my disappointment when I decided I might be "forced" to register at Pottery Barn to find a bedroom set that we liked. We were feeling brave after leaving Dillards and thought we would take a stab at Target but their machines were down so we had to postpone the fun until Wednesday.

We also got our engagement photos taken yesterday. We had so much fun. It was our first real interaction with our photographer and she was great. The pictures should be ready Wednesday so I will try to post some of them later.

PS - Any opinions or suggestions on the china would be greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

RyAnn said...

I really like the Pearl Symphony the best, but you probally won't get as many place settings of that one. I think my sister is still buying place settings from her china that she registered 7 years ago. The other draw back is that it is not dish washer safe. There is nothing worse than washing dishes by hand. All that aside the Pearl Symphony is very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi!Been reading your blogs but haven't left any comments so felt like I was spying. I like the Pearl Symohony best too, no offense Chris. Then again what do I know...we eat from acrylic plates from Target (love em!). Can't wait for all the festivities to begin, so excited for you both! Tell Chris and your family I said hello!

Anonymous said...

Sorry ya'll - I love the Parchment! Very elegant and just a little different than the "norm." Regardless of your dining room color the Parchment would go. And I would suspect you could get a dozen place settings because the price is so reasonable. Chris - I'm with you on this one. If Amy goes with Pearl Symphony - I'd make sure she does all the dish washing too since they are not dishwasher safe.

Amy Renay said...

Thanks Jill!!! Now I know who my real friends are!!! HA!!! I have a feeling I wont be telling Chris about the last part of your comment. I took this afternoon off so we can go look at Kitchen Gallery and see if we can find something both of us love. I will keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

I like the pearl symphony the best but I will have to agree with Ry that you might more settings of the other. I can honestly say that my china is still in the orgional boxes. That is pitiful huh?