Monday, March 03, 2008

Words of Affirmation

As any couple should, Chris and I read The Five Love Languages. Chris' love language is hands down words of affirmation. I know that I do not always do a good job of making Chris feel and know how much I appreciate him and how proud of him for the man of God that he is growing into each day. I am always searching for ways to tell him how much I love and admire him. Today I stumbled across this 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives. Some of the things are so simple, but I think it will give me a goal everyday to uplift Chris in a new way and hopefully over the course of the next 30 days some of them will become habit.

3 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I've done this challenge before. It is really great and just a sweet reminder of ways we can make our husbands feel loved and encouraged in the midst of their busy schedules.
I think you'll like it!

John said...

I liked your idea and that site so much that I posted it on my blog. Thank you for posting it---you have no idea what perfect timing you had! :)Ok, here's the other deal---email me with a time I can come by this week to deliver your wedding/1st anniversary present. Email is: melissabethhaskell@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My Bible Study group is reading "Love and Respect" and were talking about verbalizing (signing in our case) our respect is sometimes hard to do. I am going to share this with them. Thanks for the tip!
Melanie