Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I can not even imagine what God was thinking...

when he allowed the announcement about the new Beth Moore Bible Study to catch my eye on the church web site. The title of the study is Loving Well. Silly old, newly wed me, thought it would be about loving your husband/family/kids well. Sounded good to me. I am always looking for new ways to show Chris and other loved ones my affection more. I walked into class last night, bought the book and sat down and immediately flipped it over to see just how Beth Moore was going to help me love my hubby more. This is what I read instead..."Are you loving well? Some people are a joy to love, some people are difficult to love, and we all have to deal with some people who are humanly impossible to love. God wants to demonstrate His might by doing through us what we can not possible do on our own. He wants us to learn to love all of these types of people-and love them well." WHAT??? That is not what I signed up for!! Why in the world would God think that I needed this class?? Oh yeah, I know why!! DANG IT!!! I won't share the names of all those people that immediately popped into my head when I thought of people that are difficult to love, people who have hurt me before, people I don't necessarily trust, etc., but lets just say the list was long. I often fall into the rut of not challenging myself when it comes to doing and being the Christian God has called me to be. I mean I do good and act the right way most of the time so that should be enough. Right?? Nope. God is calling me to love better, love EVERYONE better. I can already tell that the next 4 weeks are going to be a humbling experience and I hope I am up to the task. I will keep you posted on my epiphanies about loving well.
In other news, I lost 1.2 lbs. Not a vast improvement but a little better. I learned some new tips last night at my WW meeting and am hoping to see an improvement again next week.
PS. Chris thought I should have added to my survey of things you might not know about me that I scramble eggs for Allie every morning. See I love Allie well.
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God and he who loves is born of God and is coming to know and understand God. 1 John 4:7

1 comment:

RyAnn said...

I love it when God does these type of things and helps us grow!