Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I am back

Well it was a great weekend, but I am glad to be back. I guess I should catch everyone up a little before I tell you about our trip.

I think I mentioned that last weekend, I went to Melanie's baby shower. Melanie and I have been friends since the 3rd grade and she is now expecting her first, Jacob, at the end of April. I am so excited for her and Brancent and can't wait to meet Jacob. It was great getting to see her, her mom and grandma at the shower. I also got to see my high school friend, Melissa. Melissa is a very talented seamstress and made Melanie tons of cute cart covers and other items. Melissa also gave Chris and I our first "anniversary" present. I had to share because I was ecstatic when I opened the package. I don't think Melissa knew that I have tried to add a "B" in every room of our house. (If you don't know, our last name is Bunch.) Anyway, the only room without a "B" was the kitchen. Thanks Melissa, your gift now hangs proudly on our stove.


I also ordered some of these adorable towels from Anna Maria Horner.


Ok, back to the trip...we went shopping in Dallas Thursday-Sunday. We were so tired when we got back home, but had a great time together and even squeezed in a visit with my friend RyAnn and her family.

Braxton tried to act shy.



This was Brock and Chris' attempt at making sad faces! I don't think Brock has a sad bone in his body. He has one of the best laughs I have ever heard.


Love you Ry!


When we made it back to town Sunday night, we stopped by my parents house to pick up Allie and my parents dog, Macy, so my parents could go to Dallas for a few days. I of course had to make Chris take a picture of Allie's first sleepover!!!

On Monday, our real anniversary, we slept late and lounged around the house together. It was perfect. We did make it to Canyon to revisit the site of our wedding.

Of course we had cake. I don't really know what happened to it in my parents freezer, but it tasted amazing much to my chagrin. I was really hoping it would taste bad for dieting purposes. No such luck.

I have more to post about our anniversary, but have not uploaded the pics yet. Just wanted to catch everyone up a little. This weekend we are babysitting the Needham's so I am sure that I will have lots of stories about our lives with a teenage boy and a 9 year old who thinks she is 16. Fun!!

No comments: