Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ski Trip

Well we made it. We left Friday afternoon at about 5:00 pm with plans to make it to Winter Park by 2:00 am MST but, we hit some bad weather and the buses' windshield wiper fluid froze up so we had to stop about every 20 minutes for someone to clean the windows. We finally arrived in Winter Park at about 4:30 am and were up at 7:30 am so everyone could make it to the slopes by 9:00 am. 2 hours of sleep was not enough but, somehow I managed to make it through the 1st day of skiing. Saturday night I actually got about 8 hours of sleep and woke up refreshed for my 2nd day on the slopes. Sunday night was the night of the dancing freshman girls (see below) and I only got about 4 hours of sleep before we had to be on the buses by 8:00 am. About an hour after we left bus #2 completely shut down and we had to wait 3 hours for another bus to come from Colorado Springs. We finally made it home at about 10:30 pm. It made for a long day but we had such a great time. The Lord kept everyone safe and we had no major injuries. We also had a great time of worship and fellowship. The trip was a huge blessing and a great chance to bond with the kids in the youth group further.


Allie trying to stow away in my suitcase.

Making my way slowly down the mountain.

A nice picture of my nostrils.
Staying warm on the lift.


I took a lot of pictures of Chris.







Blake and Haley. They are in my small group.

Another member of my small group, Holly.


Chris and I admiring our snow blades!

3 of the crazies in my room, Ally, Madison and Kristen.


14,000 people were at the slopes on Saturday and 13,000 on Sunday. Pretty crowded but still fun.




Haley and Holly.

Haley, Me and Blake.

Me & Holly.

Me and Blake.

The 3 other girls in my room, Aimee, Whitney and Kaci.

The dance party had just begun!! They danced to "I like to Move It" for about 3 hours.










If you are wondering about the large cans in their hands, don't worry it is not beer. They had these huge cans of energy drinks that turned out to be a mistake. I was awoken at about 1:45 am to Madison crying at the foot of my bed while Ally was dry heaving in my bathroom. Lovely!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Great pictures! Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun. Wish I'd gotten to see the dance party. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the joys of youth ministry! Kudos for being a youth sponsor!
The few...the brave...the crazied. (The youth sponsor creed in case you didn't know) :) Tell Chris I said hello.
Melanie