Monday, August 13, 2007

GOOD MONDAY DEAR FRIENDS!!!

I hope everyone's week has started off splendidly.

First, I want to give a shout out to my blog friend, Suzanne, for hooking me up with a new layout. I have no idea how she did it so she has earned valuable points in my book for her computer skills.

Our week started off with a heavy dose of spiritual conviction. We went to church yesterday morning only to get nailed to the floor by our pastor. It was a good thing though, he talked about how church should be about serving others and not about "me". I know this should be a given but Chris and I could not help but feel a little guilty as we walked out the church doors. We go to the service that fits our schedule (aka Chris' sleep pattern) and even though we have only been members for a few months we have not put into it what it has put into us. Starting Sept. 9th our pastor is calling all 6,000 members to say "I'm in" and volunteer to serve in some way. Chris and I have not decided how we are going to serve yet but we definitely felt like he was staring right at us as he spoke yesterday. As if that was not enough, we went to my parents church last night to hear the "Africa Mission Team Report." They had an open microphone so the members of the mission team could walk up and tell about their experiences while in Africa. After everyone shared the mission's pastor asked the congregation if they had held a "Hometown Mission Team Report" how many people could have stepped up the the microphone. This hit me hard. I don't remember the last time I shared the gospel with someone outside of VBS or Upward. I woke up this morning still a little discouraged with myself but with optimism that I was vowing to make a change. I hope all of you will hold me accountable.

On the plus side, we take the Lord's Supper every Sunday morning at our church and then they took it at my parents church last night too so Chris and I should be set for at least a couple of months. He He!!

3 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I'm glad you like your new banner! I know what you mean about trying to be a servant every day. It is tough and something I'm trying to work on too! I do want to talk to you more about Love & Logic...I'll e-mail you!

John said...

Love your blog layout!! I am adding it to the blogs I read every morning with my bowl of grape nuts cereal. :)

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

I love the new page! So cute :) Oh, and The Hills last night....

I have so much to blog about today!