Monday, October 02, 2006

Flowers, Cakes and More

Saturday was a busy day for me. It all started with a great breakfast with my mom and my future mother-in-law, Luanne, and then soon moved on to the more important tasks at hand...finding a florist and a bakery. We had a 9:30 appointment with HR's Flowers in Canyon and it could not have gone better. Glenda, the owner, could not have been nicer. I showed her what I wanted and she had tons of great ideas and tips. An hour later my mom and Luanne had decided that they were probably not going to find better prices and had me cancel the rest of the floral consultations that we had that day. It was such an easy process that it almost scares me. Next, we were off to the Cake Company and it too was an all to easy experience. Needless to say I consider the weekend a success. Up next invitations and tuxedo's. Fun, fun, fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy! Cake! I just love cake. And where is the reception to be held? Your friend Marilyn and I will most likely do a shopping spree for just the right outfits. Marilyn's husband Ed thinks green will be the color of the day! How fun! I'm so glad Saturday went smoothly. Will continue my prayers for you and for the Bunch family as well. I hope they understand what a wonderful addition they are getting to their family!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed the flower and cake weekend, but I'm glad that everything went smoothly. I will be in town this weekend if you are doing anything let me know.

RyAnn said...

Sounds like you had fun! Glad it went well.

RyAnn said...

I put a link to your blog on mine!